For more than 60 years, UniMac has been focused on providing for the specific needs of the fire industry. We work closely with our customers to identify and address the key concerns they face every day, all while offering the lowest cost of ownership in the industry.
Designed to Meet Your Needs
- UniMac equipment allows you to meet the cleaning requirements of NFPA 1851 standards.
- Constructed from heavy-duty Gamma A-frame and protected by the industry's best warranty, UniMac equipment is rugged enough to withstand the daily demands of a firehouse.
- The most challenging part of laundry in most firehouses is getting your turnout gear clean without compromising the safety properties of the high tech fibers. Our complete line of washers employ a variety of methods to achieve this goal, including injecting laundry chemicals below the water line to ensure proper dilution and keep your gear safe.
- It's not only washing that can damage turnout gear, but many dryers run the risk of subjecting gear to too much heat or abrasion in order to get it back into service in a timely fashion. That's why we designed our PPE Drying Cabinet to force heated air in, around, and through your gear - drying it quickly without risking damage.
- Our versatile equipment enables you to easily adapt to changes in gear handling procedures. Plus, our programmable controls give you the ability to tailor wash cycles to the specific needs of each individual load.
Gerald C. Matter
Deputy Chief for City of West Allis Fire Dept., West Allis, WI
Here in West Allis, our Fire Department consists of three separate fire houses, with a total of 118 firefighters. The laundering of all fire-fighting gear, rig towels, dish towels, and bed linens is done at a central site, using a single UniMac 35-pound washer.
We used to send all this laundry out for cleaning, but it was expensive - nearly fourteen dollars per set of gear. Two years ago, we decided to install the UniMac UW35 for three basic reasons. One of those reasons is NFPA regulation compliance. Another is turn-around time: whereas it used to take us three to five days to get our gear back clean, we can now launder a set of gear ourselves in a matter of hours. Finally, there are the savings in time and money. Not only is the UW35 easy to operate, it has paid for itself in the two years we've had it. We have time and money for more important things. Our UniMac washer helps us run a tight operation.